Many companies are already making an important contribution to biodiversity by supporting the work of the BTO through our Corporate Membership Scheme or through corporate partnership.
BTO working with EDF Energy to see 'What's Under Your Feet'
BTO is delighted to announce a new collaboration with EDF Energy, the UK’s largest provider of low carbon energy, to inspire a new generation of scientists. Over the next school year we will be inviting over 20,000 schools who are members of EDF Energy's award winning education programme, the Pod, to find out how climate change, specifically drought, is affecting the abundance of birds across the UK.
By working with us you could:
- Align your company with a highly respected and trusted conservation science organisation and achieve your Corporate Social Responsibility objectives.
- Support vital research which gets to the heart of conservation issues of national and global concern and be informed of the latest research and challenges.
- Show your company’s commitment to its environmental responsibilities through the use of the BTO Corporate Membership Logo.
- Support specific projects relevant to your business.
- Share your commitment and involvement with more than 50,000 known individual supporters, to a broad range of professional partners and with our growing audience following BTO work through social media.
How we work with businesses
We work with businessess in a number of ways including;
- Undertaking monitoring of birds at business sites to inform habitat management.
- Designing and developing mobile and online systems for monitoring wildlife.
- Testing new equipment, like optics and outdoor clothing.
- Providing business with the tools to be a champion for our satellite tagging projects including Cuckoos.
- Helping business meet their aims of delivering research vital to informing conservation.
What our Members say
Videdressing is proud of being part of BTO's Corporate Membership Scheme. Having the recycling cycle as the main source of inspiration for our business model, we are delighted to contribute to projects such as the development of social-powered technology and bird tracking."
"Biodiversity is at the heart of the way Anglian Water does business and affiliation with the sound science coming from the BTO is a great way of demonstrating our commitment to managing our sites for birds and other wildlife."
Chris Gerrard, Climate Change & Biodiversity Manager
At Cherish wild Bird Food we care about our birds as much as you do. Feeding birds in our gardens is a great way of helping them locally but isn’t enough to protect them on a national and global scale, that’s why we are delighted to help support the BTO through the Corporate Membership Scheme