Please note - the digital catalogue is
undergoing tidying after
a change in software
The BTO's Chris Mead Library is housed at the BTO headquarters in Thetford, in what was the Chapel of the old Nunnery.
Whilst primarily for the use of staff and members, non-members are very welcome to use it for research purposes. The Online Catalogue is fully searchable for reference.
It is open during office hours (9am-5pm weekdays), when visitors are welcome, but please call or email first if possible to ensure someone will be available to help you if required. The Librarian's normal working hours are 9am-4pm, Monday to Thursday.
If it is inconvenient for you to visit personally, BTO members may
borrow books by post, and copies of papers can be supplied electronically or by post. Non-members may also request copies. Please contact the librarian with your enquiries.
We keep archives of survey material, personal papers & more.
Holdings information is detailed in the library Catalogue.
For full details about use of the Library and its services, please refer to:
Using the BTO Chris Mead Library (PDF, 157.53 KB)
- NEW ACQUISITIONS - new books added between 31 May & 31 July 2017
- NEW BIRD REPORTS received, as listed in BTO News issue 324, Autumn 2017 -
THANK YOU to all Clubs & Societies who send their annual reports to the Library!
Our collection is second-to-none, thanks to your support.
- FEATHERBASE added to the Online Resources list - online library for bird feathers!
- Catalogue - browse the catalogue to see what the library holds.
- New Books - new items received in the Library.
- Online Resources - list to help you find useful open access journals and other information.
- BTO Archives - including survey information, along with historical and personal papers.
- BirdFacts - information on individual species, including details of relevant publications.
Please address all correspondence, and return all borrowed items, to:
The Librarian (Carole Showell)
British Trust for Ornithology
Norfolk IP24 2PU
Email : library [at] bto.org
Tel. 01842 750050
Fax. 01842 750030